Thank you for your interest in Hargrave Military Academy. We understand selecting the right school for your son is one of the most important decisions you can make as a parent. We believe there’s a leader in all of our boys. It’s about finding the right environment and right team.
Hargrave has a strong and proven vision for providing the finest education while cultivating leaders. Our faculty is committed to preparing our students for success in the 21st Century global community by challenging them to think critically, work collaboratively and most importantly, develop confident leaders dedicated to personal and social responsibility. Their success at Hargrave leads them to best-fit colleges, universities, or military service academies of their choice.
Hargrave is an excellent choice for families hoping to set their son on the path to lifelong success. If you haven’t done so already, we recommend contacting our admissions team prior to applying by filling out an inquiry or calling us at 1 (800) 432-2480.
Admissions Acceptance Criteria
- The applicant must be enrolled in good standing at a school, and may not have been dismissed, expelled, or requested to be withdrawn for disciplinary reasons. The applicant must not have been placed in an alternative school setting or determined to be ineligible to return to his previous school for disciplinary reasons.
- The applicant must not have a history of significant disciplinary issues, or pending legal charges. The applicant may not be sentenced to community service, on probation, or directed to attend by a court order.
- The applicant may not have a history of drug or alcohol use or issues. While experimental (“I’ve tried it”) use will not necessarily disqualify an applicant, Hargrave will mandate an initial drug screen if enrolled, and maintains a zero tolerance policy regarding drug and alcohol use by our cadets.
- The applicant must demonstrate the character and moral fitness necessary for success at an all boys, military boarding school.
- The applicant must be willing to attend.
Create Your Account
Submit personal and academic information for your son.
Submit your $75 application fee ($150 for international). When your family enrolls, your application fee will be credited towards your tuition balance.
Speak With an Admissions Counselor
An admissions counselor will contact you to discuss your initial application and assist you with obtaining references and scheduling an interview.
Submit transcripts or report cards, a Principal evaluation form, and two current English(1) and Math (1) teacher evaluation forms.
Schedule an interview for your son with the admissions team.
Please contact the Admissions office if you need printable copies of any of the application documents.