Hargrave’s Center for Integrated Studies, serving grades seven through nine, is a unique learning environment with a singular purpose; to accentuate boys’ strengths and help them to excel academically and socially by providing a robust support system.
The CIS student is part of a tight-knit community of academic, athletic, and residential staff who are invested in his success and who meet weekly to assess progress and proactively address any number of issues that may arise with young teenage boys. This group works together to help build academic aptitude, nurture self-confidence, and instill a passion for self-improvement.
- Cross-curricular projects and assignments (integration of all core classes).
- Tailored “How to Study” program that addresses the specific learning needs and challenges of the young teenager.
- Regularly scheduled extracurriculars, coordinated with current class lessons (Drama, Robotics, Lego League, Debate, etc.)
- Consistent grading formulas, etiquette training, and discipline plans used by all CIS team members.
- Limited access to electronics throughout the week.
- Limited unstructured interactions with older, upper-school cadets.
- All CIS core classes in a single building.
- Separate dorms from older cadets.
- Dedicated CIS lounge area.
Character Matters Here
Your Hargrave story starts with a conversation. Let’s get your story started.