The Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP) is the national fitness education and assessment program that offers presidential recognition to schools and students. The program provides a model to help schools achieve excellence in physical education through quality fitness assessment practices. The Presidential Youth Fitness Program cultivates and promotes a healthy lifestyle through regular exercise and serves as an important indicator of physical fitness.
The program consists of 6 main objectives Cadets must complete.
- Complete 57 or more curl-ups (sit-ups) in a minute.
- Complete a full shuttle run in 9.0 seconds or less.
- Complete a sit and reach test with 37 inches or more.
- Complete a mile run in 6:20 or less.
- Complete 11 pull-ups consecutively.
- Complete 42 push-ups consecutively.
Head Fitness Coach Luis Zerpa has spearheaded the implementation of this program. With his guidance and motivation we are expecting to see great results for our Cadet-Athletes. Stay tuned! There will updates on the Cadet Athlete’s progressions and highlights on the many personal records to come!