The Hargrave Aquatics Swim Club is a USA Swimming–sanctioned community co-ed youth swimming club that was founded in 2021 by three USA Swimming–qualified coaches. It is available to all swimmers under 18 years of age. We are a club that focuses on providing a fun and all-inclusive environment, allowing our youth to reach their full character potential. Swimmers learn life-long skills, including self-motivation, accountability, time management, mental fortitude, humility, and improving their work ethic. Additionally, they are being taught how to remain physically active through a low-impact activity. “Swimming helps every other sport but nothing helps swimming!”
Fees and Equipment
Training Registration Fee
$165 per swimmer
- USA Swimming Annual Registration and Insurance fees (September 1st – August 31)
- 1 Silicone Club Cap
- 1 Club T-shirt
- Access to our official club TeamUnify website
Monthly Training Fees
|Beginner (3-5 days a week)||$80.00|
|Beginner (2 days a week)||$40.00|
|Intermediate (3-5 days a week)||$90.00|
|Intermediate (2 days a week)||$45.00|
|Advanced (3-5 days a week)||$100.00|
|$10 discount per month for each additional swimmer (5-day swimmer);|
$5 discount per month for each additional 2-day swimmer from the same household.
Cost Breakdown Per Month
|First Month||Team Registration Fee + First Month’s Swim Fees|
|Following Months||Monthly Swim Fees|
- Team Registration Fee must be paid at the ODAC (either cash or check – made payable to Hargrave Aquatics Swim Club)
- Monthly Swim Fees must be paid through the TeamUnify website. There is a 2.95% + $0.30 transaction fee per transaction.
This is a club website which will allow special access to all parents. You will be able to access the meet schedule, pay monthly fees and swim meet fees, see your swimmer’s best times, and register for swimming meets.
- Practice: The swimmer may wear any suit while at practice.
- Swimming Meets: Swimmers have different preferences when it comes to swimming suits. There will be a couple of different options available in the club store so the swimmer can pick whichever they prefer for swimming meets.
Swim Club Equipment List
Hargrave Aquatics has a club store on swimoutlet.com. There are recommendations for equipment needed listed. You may purchase alternative equipment from the store. By logging into the Hargrave Aquatics store, the club receives a percentage of your total cost which goes back into the club.
- Goggles (required)
- Water Bottle (required)
- Mesh Bag
- Pull Buoy
- Hand Paddles
With the exception of the Beginner group, all other practices begin at 5:00 pm. Two-days-a-week Beginners will have practice Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Saturday as a make-up day. Our Advanced swimmers will have the opportunity to do some practices with the Hargrave cadets and add some dryland and weight training with them as well.
|Beginners (2 days a week)||5:30-6:30 pm||5:30-6:30 pm||8:00-9:00 am|
|Beginners (5 days a week)||5:30-6:30 pm||5:30-6:30 pm||5:30-6:30 pm||5:30-6:30 pm||8:00-9:00 am|
|Intermediate (any 2 days a week)||5:00-6:30 pm||5:00-6:30 pm||5:00-6:30 pm||5:00-6:30 pm||8:00-9:30 am|
|Intermediate||5:00-6:30 pm||5:00-6:30 pm||5:00-6:30 pm||5:00-6:30 pm||8:00-9:30 am|
|Advanced||5:00-7:00 pm||5:00-7:00 pm||5:00-7:00 pm||5:00-7:00 pm||8:00-10:00 am|
|Advanced (invite only)||5:00-7:00 pm||3:30-5:45 pm||5:00-7:00 pm||5:00-7:00 pm||3:30-5:45 pm||8:00-10:00 am|
The first 10-15 minutes of each class will be stretching and dryland exercises. These may occur in multiple areas, including the track, weight room, pool deck, or rubber floor gym.
To join the Hargrave Aquatics Swim Club the swimmer must be able to swim 50 yards/meters freestyle (with rotary breathing) and 50 yards/meters backstroke without stopping.
Pretesting occurs on the first Thursday of the month at 5:00 pm.
Swim Club Bridge Program
The ODAC offers swimmers who are almost ready to join the club the opportunity to participate in our Bridge Program. The program is designed for swimmers who may be anxious or uncertain about joining the swim club; who lack the endurance and stamina to swim across the pool; or those who require some additional technical training. A great introduction as your child moves up to the next level.
The Bridge Program is four (4) weeks long. There will be two (2) x one (1) hour lessons per week.
- Group Lessons: Mondays, 5:30 – 6:30 pm — the instructor will be in the water with the swimmer(s) focusing on technique and endurance.
- Club Lessons: You choose either Tuesday or Thursday, 5:30 – 6:30 pm — the instructor will be on deck coaching. The swimmer will put into practice what they learned on Monday in a club environment. They will also learn swimming terminology, swim lane etiquette, timing, social skills, swimming in a group and more.
- Start Date: Ongoing from Monday, September 13, 2021
- Cost: $50 for the 4 weeks
To join the Bridge Program, the swimmer must be able to float on their back for 30 seconds; able to roll from their front-to-back and back-to-front without assistance; comfortable putting their whole head underwater; able to jump from the edge of the pool into water greater than 10 feet deep.
We will be offering 4 swim clinics in the month of August. Clinics are $15 each or all 4 for $55. Each clinic will be held 5:00 – 6:00pm.
- Monday August 9th — Butterfly Clinic
- Wednesday August 11th — Breaststroke Clinic
- Tuesday August 17th — Backstroke Clinic
- Thursday August 19th — Freestyle Clinic
Hargrave Aquatics Immediate Family ODAC Membership Special
While your child(ren) is swimming, why not swim some laps yourself, or participate in a class? Immediate family (parents/guardians/siblings from the same household) will receive 50% of either a monthly pass or a 10-use punch card while your child(ren) is a member of the Hargrave Aquatics Swim Club.
Required paperwork for the swim club:
- Hargrave Aquatics Swim Club Forms
- Hargrave Aquatics Swim Club Code of Conduct Form
- Athlete Registration Application
- Transfer Request Form (if moving from another swimming club)
- Membership Form – Adult or Membership Form – Child (1 per person, including spectators)
- COVID-19 Liability Release and Indemnification Form (1 per family)