Chatham Gators Swimming Club
- The Chatham Gators is a youth swimming club that was established in 2020 and it is affiliated with the Virginia Gators based out of Roanoke.
- The Chatham Gators are a separate USA Swimming Sanctioned club that has its own coaches, rules, by-laws, and Parents Booster Club, along with 4 other clubs that are affiliated with the VA Gators.
- The reason for the affiliation is that all swimmers will have the opportunity to compete as one team and be able to compete against the larger clubs on the east coast and through Northern Virginia, while having the support and knowledge from other seasoned staff within the Gator community.
- The Chatham Gators will be renting pool lanes at the ODAC during practices only and the ODAC will help host and run multiple swimming meets through both the short-course and long-course seasons.
- All fees will be paid to the VA Gators.
- Any Gator swimming outside of practice times will need to purchase an ODAC pass.
- One-Time Fee: There is a $165 fee to join the VA Gators which covers your USA Swimming Membership (until September 2021); Gator swim cap; Gator Swimsuit; and Gator t-shirt.
To join the Chatham Gators the swimmer must be able to swim 100 yards/meters of any stroke without stopping.
Weekday practices start at 5:00 pm with the first 15-30 minutes spent on stretching and dryland exercises, which can be in multiple places, including the pool deck, weight room, rubber floor gym, or the track.
|Beginner||Monday – Thursday: 5:00 – 6:00 pm|
Saturday: 8:00 – 9:00 am
|$80 per month|
|Intermediate||Monday – Thursday: 5:00 – 6:30 pm|
Saturday: 8:00 – 9:45 am swim; 9:45 – 10:15 dryland
|$85 per month|
|Advanced||Monday – Thursday: 5:00 – 7:00 pm|
Saturday: 8:00 – 10:00 am
|$90 per month|
Too busy to swim five days a week? The Chatham Gators are now offering two times a week! And you choose which two days you swim!
|Beginner||$40 per month|
|Intermediate||$45 per month|
- Payment is through the TeamUnify website.
- Money will not be accepted at the ODAC.
Try it for 2 weeks for free! Speak to Head Coach Jenna Leach for further information.
Chatham Gators Immediate Family ODAC Membership Special
While your child(ren) is swimming, why not swim some laps yourself, or participate in a class? Immediate family (parents/guardians/siblings from the same household) will receive 50% of either a monthly pass or a 10-use punch card while your child(ren) is a member of the Chatham Gators.