Water Safety Classes (2nd-4th Grade)
- The class consists of approximately 30-45 minutes of on land interactive learning about water/pool safety rules; 5 W’s of wearing a life jacket; how to recognize an emergency; how to call for help; how to save someone from drowning without going into the water; the dangers of water and the weather (sun and lightning); and more. Then all children will spend 45-60 minutes in the water with an instructor putting into practice some of these new skills, plus learning some basic swim techniques.
- Once all class objectives have been met, then there will be 10-15 minutes of playtime at the end with some of our cool toys!
- Only participants need to be in the water. All spectators may view from the pool deck or on our balcony.
- Minimum of 4 required; maximum of 8 per class.
- Cost: $25 per person.
Registration ends 1 week before the class starts. If the minimum number of participants is not met, either the registration fee will be refunded or it can be transferred to another date.
- Sunday, September 20, 1:30 – 3:30 pm
Free American Red Cross Water Safety for Parents and Caregivers Online Course
The Water Safety for Parents and Caregivers Online Course focuses on developing an awareness of the risks of drowning and how to minimize those risks, especially for young children. This online course teaches parents and caregivers about the concepts of the circle of drowning prevention, water competency and the chain of drowning survival. It also provides guidance for applying water safety to common environments and situations where children are most at risk for drowning.https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/classes/water-safety-for-parents-and-caregivers/a6R3o0000012oT8.html
Present your completed certificate and receive $10 off a session of group swimming lessons (one-time use only, for one swimmer only).